Sunday, September 15, 2013

Back to Back Projects

There are a couple back-to-back projects coming up. The first involves writing formal docs, and producing a bit of material related to a slide deck (they could have chosen a better (meaning any) graphic artist) that has to be created related to The Risk of Temporary Systems. These people are not foolish—they want to ensure that they are never bitten by this problem again. They Get It, on a fundamental level. Which makes them a pleasure to do business with.

That's 2-3 days of work, and I will likely sink the latter half of the week into the usual (overhead, but interesting) research, rebuilding more of the lab, etc.

Beginning tomorrow (Monday, 9/16/13) I am on a project that will probably run for two or three months, more or less full time. As usual in this business, both sides are subject to NDAs. In this case, they are highly restrictive. But there are still things I can post. Research and reporting, even if only to an internal database, and an occasional blog chirp, never stops, and I hope you continue to visit.

If nothing else, I'd like to talk about OS updates (patching, and I hate that term), and how patch failure increases exposure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on posts older than 60 days go into a moderation queue. It keeps out a lot of blog spam.

I really want to be quick about approving real comments in the moderation queue. When I think I won't manage that, I will turn moderation off, and sweep up the mess as soon as possible.

If you find comments that look like blog spam, they likely are. As always, be careful of what you click on. I may have had moderation off, and not yet swept up the mess.