Friday, April 17, 2015

If Leave the ACM, Some of Their e-Mail Becomes SPAM

Really, people. If I tell my rep that I will not be renewing, most renew-now messages stop. This is not the case with with the list servers. The ACM Bulletin, TechNews, and whatever else you may be subscribed to will continue on their merry way.

At a certain point, this becomes spam. If, after all, I regarded those lists as being extremely valuable, I would likely never have left ACM in the first place.

Just saying.

There's a lot going on right now. which is how it comes to be that my first post of the month is on the 24th. Over a month since my last post. So I have to regard ACM mail as something that should have vanished at the end of last month. Just random stuff that I have to send unsubscribe messages to.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on posts older than 60 days go into a moderation queue. It keeps out a lot of blog spam.

I really want to be quick about approving real comments in the moderation queue. When I think I won't manage that, I will turn moderation off, and sweep up the mess as soon as possible.

If you find comments that look like blog spam, they likely are. As always, be careful of what you click on. I may have had moderation off, and not yet swept up the mess.